I made some pajamas for my Kidz n Cats doll! They are more cold weather pajamas, so they will mostly be put away until fall.
I used fabric from a regular pajama top. For the doll top, I used the free Pixie Faire t-shirt pattern for Kidz dolls. I lengthened the short sleeves included in the pattern. I also added ribbing to the end.
I used another Pixie Faire pattern (the basic pants pattern) for the pj bottoms. I altered the pattern to be leggings for an American Girl Doll, then I changed that alteration to fit my Kidz doll.
Her stuffy is a Coca Cola polar bear 🙂
I got this pattern on Pixie Faire from Freebie Friday a few weeks ago. I searched Pixie Faire for the pattern, and couldn’t find it, but if you sign up for Eden Ava Couture’s newsletter on the website you can get the pattern for free: Wrap Around Reversible Halter Top.
Although I tied the lower straps in the back for the photos, I plan on seeing what it looks like to tie it in front.
I wanted to try the pattern out for the first time using scraps of fabric. Therefore, the two sides of the reversible top are pink and yellow floral. I folded up the bottom of the top to lessen bulk around the waist.
This skirt I made with an altered version of this pattern of Skirt A. I used a t-shirt for the fabric. There is no elastic in the waistband, but that certainly would help it stay on a little better.
The skirt goes very well with the Disneyland T-shirt!
A view of the skirt’s waistband…
My blog count has reached over 5,000 views! Wow!
This black skirt I made from Simplicity 4297. I believe it is Skirt A. The fabric is stretchable in 4 directions. I bought it as a remnant. I made the skirt to try out the pattern a little bit more, and I made this skirt fully lined. It has a waistband, although you can’t see it in the photos. I may list skirts made from this pattern in my Etsy shop when I open.
The stockings are up-cycled from a human sock. On the doll, the socks are knee highs and look very warm and thick.
I wanted to make a t-shirt that would fit a boy doll today. Boy dolls can fit in girl t-shirts, but they are form fitting and it doesn’t look very boyish. I took this free pattern, and made some changes to it! I lengthened the sleeves, and changed the pieces of the top to go straight, not curve with the cloth body. I also changed the sleeve piece to allow for a baggier sleeve.
This shirt is up-cycled and pressed to get any wrinkles out.
This dress was made from an altered version of this dress pattern for free here. It is designed as a one-strap dress, but to make a two sleeved version of it, I cut the fabric on a fold with the center of the pattern on the fold, so when I am done I have two straps! I didn’t use a pattern for the skirt. For some reason almost every time I make a dress for my Kidz n Cats doll, I don’t have enough fabric to make the skirt as long as I would like. I was already planning on overlaying the plain cornflower blue cotton with the blue chiffon. When I realized the cotton would be shorter than planned, I made the chiffon overlay longer to make the dress more appropriate. The result isn’t quite ideal, but that’s okay. Both fabrics I got from the remnant section of the fabric stores I shop at. The bodice is self-lined with white cotton. Also, this shade of blue isn’t exactly an Easter blue, but it matches her eyes well.
Now all three of my girl dolls have Easter dresses. Planning ahead!
I did a sepia effect on accident for this one and kept it 🙂
When she’s sitting, she can completely hide behind her long golden hair.
I made this dress from the Lisianthus Dress pattern on Pixie Faire. I had seen this dress on many dolls on Etsy and blogs, and liked it. This pattern was the first thing I bought with the Pixie Faire gift card I received for Christmas! The pattern is great, and the dress turned out very well.
I didn’t do the dress exactly the way as stated in the pattern. I lengthened the back pattern pieces so the dress would have the ability to have a Velcro closure, rather than a zipper. The skirt isn’t quite as ruffly in my version, due to the fact that my fabric wasn’t 37″ wide as needed in the pattern piece. I did the sleeves slightly different. I used the same pattern pieces, but left it out and pressed the “sleeves”. Originally, this was supposed to be sewn in. This does leave me with a raw edge. Oh well. My doll will wear this for Easter!
The necklace and bracelet I made with elastic cord and beads. I had already made the necklace a few months ago, and made the bracelet to match when I made the dress. The headband is a girl’s hairtye, but it has been stretched through normal wear to go perfect around the doll’s head. She is wearing stick-on nail decals in the shape of pink cupcakes for earrings.
With that, I have an announcement to make. I am opening an Etsy shop within the next month! I am very excited to share my doll clothes and accessories with others. More details coming soon!
On to the dress: