I made some pajamas for my Kidz n Cats doll! They are more cold weather pajamas, so they will mostly be put away until fall.
I used fabric from a regular pajama top. For the doll top, I used the free Pixie Faire t-shirt pattern for Kidz dolls. I lengthened the short sleeves included in the pattern. I also added ribbing to the end.
I used another Pixie Faire pattern (the basic pants pattern) for the pj bottoms. I altered the pattern to be leggings for an American Girl Doll, then I changed that alteration to fit my Kidz doll.
I think it’s fun to find hairstyles for girls, and translate them to doll hair. This time I did a waterfall headband, which you can see the tutorial for from Cute Girl Hairstyles here. My Sophie doll is fun to do hairstyles on because she has long, thick, soft and shiny hair. To do this on your doll, she will probably need to have a parting wig, which means the wig does not have a sewn in part. For example, AG Mckenna and Kailey have parting wigs. This hairdo may also work on a low side part.
Top, waterfall to the right
For this picture I put the “waterfall” strands of hair falling to the left side of her face.
I sewed up a sundress for my Kidz and Cats doll out of a shirt. The original top already had the shirring, so all I had to do was cut a rectangle and sew a seam on one side to make a tube. The original top also had strings, which I cut and sewed to the sundress to make a halter top style. I made a similar dress for my American Girl Doll here. You can read about the matching flower headband in the pictures below there as well.
For this bun, I put the headband on first. Afterwards, I took a section on each side from near the ear and braided it. I then had two braids on each side, and a large lock of hair in the middle. middle section of hair I twisted up into bun, securing it as I went with bobby pins. Once I had the bun in place, I wrapped the braids around and pinned them.
I made this little shoulder bag using this tutorial. I found this tutorial, and had to try it because it seemed quick and simple. Overall it was quick and simple, although the top stitching and strap attachment was a little tedious.
I used some scraps of cotton fabric in purple floral for the outside of the bag. The lining and strap are a silver cotton with glitter and tiny dots. My sewing machine has 100 different stitches, most of which I have never tried. I decided to do some experimentation. I sewed a tulip/flower stitch along the front of the bag, as well as on the strap. It’s hard to see because of the thread color, but I like the overall effect.
So I can better know what my viewers like to see, share your opinion by picking a choice below!
This black skirt I made from Simplicity 4297. I believe it is Skirt A. The fabric is stretchable in 4 directions. I bought it as a remnant. I made the skirt to try out the pattern a little bit more, and I made this skirt fully lined. It has a waistband, although you can’t see it in the photos. I may list skirts made from this pattern in my Etsy shop when I open.
The stockings are up-cycled from a human sock. On the doll, the socks are knee highs and look very warm and thick.
Feel free to take a look around at the old posts here on this Wordpress blog, but I just wanted to let you know that I am not actively posting here . I have changed locations and will no longer be posting here at this web address. If you want to see new posts or follow my blog at its new location, here is the link:
I hope you join me (and my dolls!) at my new location!