This is my first post that features something sewn for an Our Generation Doll. I introduced this Our Generation Boy Doll in May. Since then he has undergone more touch ups to make him more boy-ish looking. He was originally Sadie.
After doing research, I was unable to find a free drivers cap pattern for an 18″ doll online. I ended up making this drivers cap using this human hat tutorial. The hat pattern originally would have made a hat with a circumference of 24 inches. Seeing how I had to get it down to about 11″, I sized the pattern down a lot.
The outer fabric is wool, with a lining of brown silk. For the brim I used flexible plastic. The ribbon is Offray 5/8″ Torrid Orange.