This is the second pair of the yoga shorts I made. The first can be seen in a previous post. I used this pattern to make the shorts.
Category Archives: Shorts
These yoga shorts I up-cycled from a green t-shirt and a blue t-shirt. I used this pattern to make the shorts. I made another pair which I will post soon!
Yesterday, Thanksgiving, I whipped up some leotards and shorts in some new fabric I bought from JoAnns. I had two colors, so made two leotards in each color, as well as two shorts in each color. Both outfits are for my American Girl Doll, but I put the turquoise on my Kidz doll for the sake of photography. It is obviously not made for her, as it is quite loose. These outfits could also be used as swimsuits, however, my dolls don’t swim yet 🙂
I used the pattern for the leotard found here. You may notice I used Velcro on the back. I realized afterwards I didn’t really need to do this because the fabric is so stretchy. I believe it still makes it easier to put on though. I also just hemmed all the edges, the tutorial requires using fold over elastic.
The boy cut shorts are the Liberty Jane pattern from here.
And just the leotard and no shorts:
Of course, the shorts could go with either leotard too:
After making myself a pair of leggings using blue dance fabric bought at my local JoAnn Fabric Store, I used the leftovers to make some dance shorts for my doll! I used the Liberty Jane pattern here for the shorts. They don’t have elastic since the fabric is stretchy, and they were quick and easy to make.
Last week at Pixie Faire’s Freebie Friday Giveaway, the winning pattern was the Off-the-Shoulder Tee. I decided to make it as the top for this dance outfit! It was also simple to make. I printed out a Nike logo onto transfer paper, and ironed it on. It looks pretty cool. I also plan to make a tank top for underneath the tee in a corresponding color in the future.
The pattern I used for the top I found on BeanBunny.com here. The fabric for the shirt I got from old t-shirts. It was easy to make.
I used a pattern for these shorts that I’m not going to use again. The pant legs of the shorts were originally much larger than I preferred. At first I cast them aside, but later decided to size them down. I also took out the elastic waistband I first had in and switched it to just a simple fastener in the back. Much better. I added a tiny bit of distressing on the left leg. I may add pockets on the front in the future. I cut up a pair of old jeans to use for the fabric. I’m going to keep trying pants/shorts patterns and I hope I find something good in the process!
As always, I hand stitch everything, but I try to use the edges of old clothes to save time
For the shorts I used a pattern that I found on SewAdollable.com: Easy Shorts Pattern. The shorts were a little small, so I am not going to use this pattern again without altering it.
The top was a free pattern on LibertyJanePatterns.com: Free Pattern for American Girl Doll T-Shirt. To make it a tank, I just left out the sleeves. I folded over the armholes and hemmed them.
I used an old basketball jersey I had as material. The jersey was reversible, so the inside of the doll outfit is white, and the outside is red.
I chose not to put anything on the front or back, such as a team name or player number. It’s more of a practice uniform for my doll, rather than a game outfit.