The shows I performed in this summer are closed (sad face). But although I’m sad it’s over, I couldn’t be more happy and grateful that I was able to spend my summer with awesome, friendly people performing spectacular shows!
And… “I finally saved up enough money for a sewing machine!” (That’s a quote from Fiddler on the Roof). So, in the next few weeks maybe there will be some experiments posted up here. I mainly bought a sewing machine so that it wouldn’t take so long for me to get results, and when I do get results they will be more professional looking. We’ll see how it goes!
My latest project…
This is my Kidz n Cats doll wearing some sweatpants that I made for my American Girl Doll. Since Kidz and AG dolls have about 2 or 3 inches of size difference around the waist, it’s a little a baggy around the waist. I used a simple pants pattern, cut a few inches off the end of the pant leg, and put elastic in.
The t-shirt pattern is from SimplySweetByb.com here. I generally use this pattern for doll t-shirts. I sized the shirt down after I made it to fit the smaller Kidz doll a little bit better. The butterfly I applied with an iron on transfer, and added two rhinestones.
The anklet also fits around the wrist, and is 3 inches long. I used the diagonal friendship bracelet pattern and embroidery floss.
Just a note: my Kidz doll has trouble standing. I don’t know if this is typical, but her legs seem to want to always be touching at the knee, and it is difficult to get them to stay in any other position. There is no way this doll could stand on her own without leaning against something.