I got this pattern here (scroll to the bottom). Instead of doing the straps the way the pattern had them, I simply doubled over the pattern piece that included the strap and cut the cloth. It made it look like a less fancy dress. It was no problem to do. Also, Kidz n Cats patterns are really hard to find online, therefore, the top pattern could also work for a tank top pattern with minor altering… I plan on doing that hopefully soon. We’ll see what my schedule allows.
I also didn’t want the skirt to be too long, so I didn’t cut it as long as the pattern instructions ask.
I attached the dress with snaps in the back (3 of them), because I didn’t want to take any chances with her hair getting stuck in Velcro.