About 2 years ago, I made this swimsuit out of one of my old swimsuits. I didn’t use a pattern, I just fitted it to the doll as I sewed. The straps turned out a little uneven, but I think it’s okay.
I am very excited to announce that I found a good deal on Ebay for the Kidz n Cats Sophie doll and made a purchase! She is currently en route. Since she arrives in winter clothes and it’s clearly summer outside, I have already begun making her new clothes. I read online that her “season” is spring, so I’m starting with light colors and pastels.
Since there are virtually no Kidz n Cats sewing patterns online, the most I can find anywhere is here, I am adapting the patterns I can find into different clothes. Also, since I don’t have the doll yet, I’m hoping that the stuff I’m making will fit.
So far I’ve got two skirts (one green/yellow with hearts, the other floral pink) and a yellow floral dress with much more to come.
Pixiefare.com has hundreds of patterns for all assortments of dolls, and every Friday, they give a free pattern! This Friday the free pattern is the Picture Day Flounce Skirt. Click here to go to Pixiefare.com and see the free pattern!
I left the skirt the size and length the tutorial said to, so when I attached to the top, it was shorter as I desired. The skirt falls just above the doll’s knee.
I made the tank top, removing about 1 inch or so from the bottom of it. I cut the squares for the skirt and gathered it. Then I attached the skirt to the top, closed the back of the skirt, and attached Velcro.
I have searched the internet over for a suitable five point star alpha pattern for my 4th of July bracelet I plan on making. I found only one pattern, but it wasn’t really what I wanted my stars to look like. Therefore, I created my own star pattern in Paint. For a tutorial on how to create a pattern of any picture in Paint, go here. I didn’t want the bracelet to be super wide, so I made the star smaller and added more blocks until it was 12 by 17. I would add at least one knot of background color on the sides, to make it 14 knots wide. That’s about 3/4 inch, depending on what floss is used. I use regular embroidery floss.
Anyway, so when I was finished making the pattern in Paint, I transferred it here. Technically, I didn’t really have to do that, but I wanted the pattern to be clear and bigger.
Here is the final pattern:
When made into a bracelet, the knots overlap and aren’t perfectly regular squares.
I’m going to try the pattern out alternating red and white stars over a blue background. If it works out, I’ll post it!