THINKING OF TRAVELING WEST?
CONSIDER THE BELOW BEFORE YOU SET OUT
WHY GO TO OREGON COUNTRY?
1. Receive free or inexpensive fertile land.
2. Get a chance for a new start.
3. Live on the great wild frontier, with nobody around.
4. Lots of hunting game for food.
5. Maybe start a town in your name.
6. Discover previously unseen valleys and wonders.
7. Get away from the city and pollution.
8. Remove yourself from the enforcement of law and (legal) government.
9. Soothe your itchy feet for a little while.
WHY NOT GO TO OREGON COUNTRY?
- It is a dangerous journey and often results in the death of one or more of each party.
- You would leave family (often forever) and friends behind.
- You would have to work very hard on a farm or land plot.
- You would live alone, often, miles from any neighbor.
- You would be put in danger of wild animals.
- You would not have good medical care in case of emergency.
- You would not know the news of the East anywhere near to the time when it happened.
- You would not have things like books, cloth, metals, and other items nearby for purchase or use.
- You would not be able to attend church.